5.14.2010

I love, love, love Intercourse!!

Yes I do...Intercourse PA that is. It is the cutest most quaint little town in Amish country and probably one of the best places of the many that I visited last week in PA. Just for the record...philadelphia is not on my good list. Any city that actually smells like old dirty socks and stale popcorn combined has issues. Particularly if there is neither a sock recycling center around NOR a popcorn factory which is the only viable excuse a city can have to explain that kind of smell.


Anyway, back to intercourse. It was actually quite happening. I guess lots of people visit and stay in the inns and buy quilts. Personally I just like to watch the Amish ride around in their little black buggies and see all the little amish boys running around and playing in the fields. ahhhh such a simpler time....blah blah blah. Of course there are hella lot of Mennonites there too. The biggest difference that I noted, was that the Mennonites must go to their own Mennonite School of Driving where the motto is "It's not considered vehicular manslaughter if the Devil made you do it." Which incidentally is not only the motto but the standard plea bargain as well. I was nearly manslaughtered about 30 times.

You know...if I were Amish...I would wear some Mennonite clothes (which are very similar) and then I would hijack a car and go for a joyride. Then when the cops came to my house I'd be like...what the heck, I'm Amish, I don't drive. Check out the mennonites.

Oh and I think some great town slogans would be....

Welcome to Intercourse...where even a headache can't keep you away!

Intercourse...you're in it before you know it, and out just as quick!
Intercourse...it's only sex to the rest of the world.

Intercourse...makers of fine cheese!

No comments:

Post a Comment