5.14.2010

Poetix ha!

Yes a deviation from my normal mode of musings...


Complete

There is nothing now but new
rain on sprouting grass.
The tender blur of leaves on twining branches
masks not the taunts of black masses of birds,
nor cools the heat from wings pounding in unison-
one dark cloud rising.
In this Eden, I am the statue anchored
between the wild heavens and ancient earth.


Consecrated

I felt you stir
beyond the distance where temples of men
spew forth their righteous proclamations
A sure steady rising within, from depths
that leave even the oceans in their jealous frenzy
You fare not from my dreams, but a place
foreign to my experience, long awaited
in the dark contours of my being
Eclipsed not by heavens shadows, I revel
in the lightness of you
tempted not by the honey warm scent of heavens cup,
for I lay already drunk, lifting the lotus
of a thousand petals from my lips.
Among lifetimes you sought me, but it is in
this one that you draw me close
dissolved…in but a single breath,
perhaps a sigh…..complete



A New World

So we too found ourselves
in the unnamed place
between ordinary and extreme-
Where the North Wind fast froze
the scorching words that left our lips
and the echoless voice with no reminders
of these cruelties…
Just the roaring jagged edges
of this glacier of accusations that
declares itself a monument to those
dark places within, concealing a fire
so hot that it cannot burn
I too conceal deep fires but choose
instead, to dig in with the grit
of my years, and blow by blow
I chip away at the glacier
edging closer to the top
to be reborn in the warmth of the sun.

No comments:

Post a Comment