10.30.2009

Peeves and Pleasures

So I guess I will start with the pleasures, which will be short not that I don't have lots of pleasures but there is one that I indulged in this evening that I thought worth mentioning.

Pleasure 1 - Standing in front of the hot oven with the door cracked open, shirt pulled out and letting all that intense heat warm me up...aaaaahhhh love it. Of course hair dryer up the shirt works equally well. Which makes me think I spend a lot of time just being cold.

ON to peeves which I have many more of but these are my top ones.
1. Wearing socks in the house and stepping in a random wet spot on the floor. Pisses me off. Why is there always a random wet spot on my floors that I ALWAYS step in?!?! WHY?!?!

2. People who cut their finger nails in public places. I don't know, it has always just held a gross factor for me. Perhaps it is the click of the clipper and I know that a nail fragment is flying through the air somewhere!

3. People who write something in pencil and then try to erase it with an eraser that is already below the metal part on the pencil so all you have is that evil scratchy noise and shredded paper look. uuugh that gives me chills......................

4. Coming home, in a hurry to get inside and get groceries put up, or etc etc when the freakin neighbor is waiting on me as soon as I open the car door to get out and wants to talk to me for 30 minutes in the freezin cold. PISSES ME OFF. And of course because he is a little slow I feel bad being mean, but he doesn't understand the "appropriate I'll talk to you later signals"!!! @&$@%@&!!! I am now scanning my driveway to make sure the neighbor is not outside when I come home. If he is, I just keep driving past my own darn house until he is done with his smoke and goes back in!

5. Cat hairball upchucks...need I say more. I think not.

6. Sayings by my mother that try to explain fair, semi- bad, and bad things that happen to me in a way that insinuate that these things are directly proportional to my sinful lifestyle. And we are neither Irish Catholic, Jewish nor snakehandlers. This of course merits an entirely new post.

No comments:

Post a Comment