11.02.2009

Free Association at Midnight - Spider Hairs

I was determined to change my body clock and go to bed early. BUT seems that taking Benedryl every night to induce sleep may have adverse effects. As in, I did not take the benedryl last night and my body just WOULD NOT fall asleep. Instead, my mind decided to play free association games, just a barrage of random thoughts...which almost lulled me to sleep until something happened that has happened a couple times before to my shame.


Here it is:

Laying in bed, with the fan on because I have to have the fan on, and I am lying in such a way that my arm is crooked over my head. Suddenly I guess a piece of hair falls across my face but I can't REALLY be sure it is hair when it has the POSSIBILITY of being a spider that has fallen from the ceiling onto my face!! THUS forcing me to swat at my face, pound the pillows and bed all around me in case the little freak is crawling around somewhere and then switch on the light just to search the covers in case it WAS a spider. All the while I'm pretty sure it was just a hair falling onto my face. BUT YOU JUST CAN'T BE TOO SURE! THe one time I don't go through the motions it will be a spider and I will awaken covered in hideous lesions!! (was going to say whelps but wasn't sure if it was welps or whelps or if that was a reference to a racing dog)



How pleased the SO (significant other) is with this process you can just imagine...deep sleep interrupted by incessant pounding and thumping, fanning of sheets and then bright lights..."Wha..WHa...What the hell are you doing?" rather meekly "um......I thought a spider fell on my face?".....groan

No comments:

Post a Comment