11.02.2009

Makin' WHoopee

You know why I like old people? Because they say things that no one really uses anymore and I just love that. And I must confess that on occassion I revert to using some of these myself without realizing it.


Like Hosepipe for garden or water hose. "the hosepipe is hooked up to the spigot."

I like spigot too...though a more appropriate definition might be: slang, refers to a large, rotund racist man of spanish descent............. ya know, a cross between spic and bigot but it all gets confusing when you substitute new slang for old slang...
but i digress

counterpane..."Look at all the dust on the counterpane, I really need to clean that." I heard that from my granny alot but never really knew what she was talking about but it must have been very dirty. I think maybe she was talking about the edge of the window sill on the interior.

Apothecary...which is a little unsettling to hear an old person call the local walgreens that
Washing powders....in lieu of detergent
Brown Derby...a DQ dipped cone
the Cuisinart...used liberally to indicate any modern kitchen cooking appliance
Aspergum...because that always WORKS to get rid of a raunchy head ache
Parlor ... does anyone really have one of these anymore, I just call mines the den
Get out the 8 millimeter...which refers to really old home movies, and not hey get the gun

No comments:

Post a Comment